Classes suitable for beginners are described below.(Scroll down for info on our next ” Yoga for Beginners” 6 week session)
A few pointers:
- Arrive 15 minutes before a class begins and please turn off your cell phone.
- The studio is a socks and/or bare-feet zone. Outdoor footwear is removed at the entrance.
- The twisted fish is located in downtown Port Dover in the old Carpet One building, at 23 Market Street West (map here). Entered from the side of the building, it is on the second floor and equipped with an elevator.
- Parking is available in the old Giant Tiger parking lot, on each side of Powell Park, and on nearby St. George Street.
Restorative Yoga: A deeply relaxing experience highly suitable for beginners. Very slow moving, involving only a few postures per class. Gentle stretches, soothing music, guided meditation. Restorative for mind, body & spirit. Leave feeling taller, straighter & calmer! Mondays, 7:30-8:30 pm. Drop-in cost is $20 (including HST); students & seniors: $15. Click for monthly pass prices & the new member 40-days-for-$40 deal.
7:30 pm Mondays
Gentle Yoga: A very gentle, fairly traditional class featuring elements of Hatha yoga (breath, postures, relaxation) tailored to your needs. Don’t worry if you don’t know many yoga postures yet. The relaxed pace of this class allows you to learn as you go. Experienced instructors help you stay safe and avoid injury. Popular with seniors.
- 6 pm Mondays
- 8am Thursday and Saturday
- 9:30am Tuesday and Friday
Drop-in cost is $20 (including HST); students & seniors: $15. Click for monthly pass prices & the new member 40-days-for-$40 deal.
Yoga for Beginners:
September 2017 (Dates TBA)
6-week registered class, Wed. 6-7 pm,
Brand new to yoga or wanting to refresh on some of the basics? This one’s for you! Working from the ground up, you’ll learn basic postural and breath work, how to modify for your own particular needs, and how to structure your practice to enhance your physical, psychological, and spiritual well being. Start where you are, with what you have, and do what you can!
Cost: $110.20 ($97.50 + HST) Reserve your place by sending e-mail to thetwistedfish AT gmail.com or calling 519-583-1200.
If you miss a class in this registered session, you can make it up during the next one or substitute for a class on our regular schedule. (Up to 2 classes only.)
Private Classes: (click on “Private Classes” link for more details and prices)
Private classes are a wonderful way to learn yoga under the guidance of an experienced teacher who can modify postures for your specific needs in a serene and private setting. Experienced instructor Christie Delahunt, owner of the twisted fish, can help you recover from an injury and manage stress. Available by appointment.
The friendly, warm, and welcoming twisted fish is a spacious studio occupying much of the recently-restored second floor of a historic Port Dover building. Cash, cheque, and e-transfers are accepted. The studio is closed on statutory holidays.
Resources for Beginners
Yoga classes, teachers, and facilities vary widely. People new to yoga may find some of the following helpful:
- article: Yoga for Beginners: 5 Things Every Newbie Should Know
- infographic: The Best Restorative Yoga Poses to Relieve Stress
- August 2014 roundup: Best Yoga Apps of the Year