Classes suitable for beginners are described below.(Scroll down for info on our next ” Yoga for Beginners” 6 week session)
A few pointers:
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before a class begins and please turn off your cell phone.
- Cleanliness and hygiene are always important. Please do not wear heavy perfumes or colognes to class. Please be mindful of cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- The studio is a socks and/or bare-feet zone. Outdoor footwear is removed at the entrance.
- The twisted fish is located in downtown Port Dover, at 23 Market Street West (map here). Entered from the side of the building, it is on the second floor and is wheelchair accessible, equipped with an elevator/lift.
- Parking is available on Market St., as well as in The Lakeside Savings parking lot (off of St. George St.), on each side of Powell Park, and on nearby St. George Street.
Drop-in cost is $20 (including HST); students & seniors: $15. Click for monthly pass prices & the new member 40-days-for-$40 deal.
6pm Gentle Yoga with Jenny
7:30pm Restorative Yoga with Jenny
9:30am Gentle Yoga with Setera
1pm Easy Stretch with Mel
1pm Supported (CHAIR) Yoga with christie
9:30am UBER Gentle Yoga with christie
11am Yoga Basics with Mel
10am ALL LEVELS Community Class
Yoga for Beginners:
6-week registered class, Wed. 7:30pm-8:30pm
Brand new to yoga or wanting to refresh on some of the basics? This one’s for you! Working from the ground up, you’ll learn basic postural and breath work, how to modify for your own particular needs, and how to structure your practice to enhance your physical, psychological, and spiritual well being. Start where you are, with what you have, and do what you can!
Cost: $110.20 ($97.50 + HST) Reserve your place by sending e-mail to thetwistedfish AT gmail.com or calling 519-583-1200.
If you miss a class in this registered session, you can make it up during the next one or substitute for a class on our regular schedule. (Up to 2 classes only.)
(click on “Private Classes” link for more details and prices)
Private classes are a wonderful way to learn yoga under the guidance of an experienced teacher who can modify postures for your specific needs in a serene and private setting. Experienced instructors Christie Delahunt, Founder of the twisted fish, and Jenny Rice, a senior teacher in the studio, can help you recover from an injury and manage stress. Available by appointment only.
The friendly, warm, and welcoming twisted fish is a spacious studio occupying much of the recently-restored second floor of a historic Port Dover building.
Cash, cheque, and e-transfers are accepted. The studio is closed on statutory holidays.
Resources for Beginners
Yoga classes, teachers, and facilities vary widely. People new to yoga may find some of the following helpful:
- article: Yoga for Beginners: 5 Things Every Newbie Should Know
- infographic: The Best Restorative Yoga Poses to Relieve Stress
- August 2014 roundup: Best Yoga Apps of the Year